Goat cheese & zucchini Quiche
Besides being delicious and typically French, quiches are also very easy to make. They can be prepared ahead of time and can help recycle leftovers from your fridge. My flatmates from school will remember this quiche recipe (Yes, I used to make it… a lot)!
1 puff pastry
1 goat cheese
Herbs (fresh mint or dried herbs)
How to prepare the Quiche:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Defrost the pastry if you don’t have the courage to do it yourself (like me) and place it in a dish that goes into the oven.
- Peel & cut the zucchini in small squares. Cook in a pan with a bit of olive oil.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Add a bit of cream and milk (depending on how you like your Quiche. I probably add 1 TBS of cream and 3 TBS of milk.) Add salt + pepper + herbs in the mixture.
- Place the cooked zucchini on the pastry to create a layer at the bottom of the dish. Pour the egg mixture on top. Add 6-8 round slices of goat cheese on top.
- Put in a warm oven for 30-35 minutes at 375F or until it looks brown and the middle of the Quiche is set.
Serve this quiche warm with a side salad.
Quiche are the most versatile of food. You can basically put whatever you want in it always using the same egg based mixture. For example, you could also try a Quiche lorraine with bacon & cheese or a salmon and spinach Quiche.