Ever heard of Montreal a Table? If not, you should check it out.
This event, organized by Tourism Montreal gathers a whole lot of restaurants around the city with special promotions for dinner menus between $21 and $41. The next event is Oct 29th to Nov 8th.
Here is the link to the event with the list of participating restaurants and the menu they offer. http://www.tourisme-montreal.org/mtlatable/restaurants-en.php
From this list, I would recommend you check these out:
– Pastaga – One of my favourite discovery this year.
– BarBounya: Fine turkish dining on Laurier.
– Imadake – Japanese Izakaya in Atwater.
– Les Cons Servent – I recently went to les Cons Servent and haven’t uploaded my review just yet but I’ve been twice and the food is great (although the place is a bit loud)
– For classic options I would also check Laloux & Chez Levesque. Those places can be pricy so it may be worth it to try them out when they have a special menu!
I am going to try H4C in St Henri – will let you know how it is.
Everything gets booked really quickly – so my only advice: make a reservation now!